[R] how to use the basis matrix of "ns" in R? really confused by multi-dim spline filtering?

Liaw, Andy andy_liaw at merck.com
Mon Feb 27 22:47:58 CET 2006

If you do not understand what ns() outputs, nor descriptions of splines in
books, perhaps it's not an appropriate tool for you.  Look for something
that you understand (or can understand after some reading).  No one is
pointing a gun to your head and tell you to use splines, I hope.

If you have a hard time understanding what you read in books, it's
unrealistic to expect a mailing list about a software to teach you.

Andy

From: Michael