[R] Standardized regression weights with lm()

Tom Backer Johnsen backer at psych.uib.no
Mon Feb 27 09:08:41 CET 2006

Being a newbie in respect to the use of R (but more experienced in respect
to SPSS and Statistica), I am somewhat surprised at one thing.  When using
summary() to output the results from lm() you get what I would expect, with
one exception, I am missing the standardized regression weights (beta's).

Of course, it is possible to standardize all variables involved to get this
information, but that is a rather brute approach.

Is there a simpler approach I can show my students?

Tom

| Tom Backer Johnsen, Psychometrics Unit,  Faculty of Psychology |
| University of Bergen, Christies gt. 12, N-5015 Bergen,  NORWAY |
| Tel : +47-5558-9185                        Fax : +47-5558-9879 |
| Email : backer at psych.uib.no    URL : http://www.galton.uib.no/ |