[R] How to Import Data

Adaikalavan Ramasamy ramasamy at cancer.org.uk
Tue Feb 21 15:13:02 CET 2006

1) You need to use sep="," which is appropriate for a CSV file.

2) You need to specify the FULL path to the file. See
http://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/base/rw-FAQ.html#R-can_0027t-find-my-file

3) You can use read.csv which is the read.table variant for CSV files.

For example

  a <- read.csv( file="c:/Progra~1/Docume~1/ramasamy/x111.csv" )

might work if you replace it with your full path. If you have the
_unique_ rownames in the first column, you can add the argument
"row.names=1" in the call.

Regards, Adai