[R] how can I use lmer on a windows machine?

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Thu Feb 16 20:27:29 CET 2006

Well, as you are using a beta version of a version of R released in June
2004, you certainly should upgrade. (Indeed the R posting guide asked you
to do so before posting the first time.)

You should probably install R-patched from

http://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/base/rpatched.html

or your nearest CRAN mirror (we have no idea where you are).  You install
that the same way you installed the current version: double clicking on
the installer .exe should be all that is needed.