[R] Interaction between R and Perl

Ramon Diaz-Uriarte rdiaz at cnio.es
Thu Feb 16 13:16:05 CET 2006

Dear Béline,

On Thursday 16 February 2006 10:38, béline jesson wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I'm calling R from Perl with Statistics-R perl module for a microarray
> analysis integrated web tool.
> I have some questions for a multi-users utilisation:
> - Can I change the directory where R is running in order to have a
> directory per user? Then no problem of erasing R data of an other user.

see "setwd".

Alternatively, you can have your CGI copy the R file(s) with commands to the
newly created directory, and run in there.

> - If it's not possible, can I limite the number of users at the same time?
> I see "lock", "is_blocked" and  "is_started" options in Statistics-R
> module. How can I use them?

If your concern is one user deleting/modifying another user's data, I'd just
use setwd: it is simpler and cleaner.

We use a somewhat similar approach for our web-based applications
(www.asterias.info), which use R, and create a temporary directory for every
request.

HTH,

R.

> Thanks!
>
> Béline

Ramón Díaz-Uriarte
Bioinformatics Unit
Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Oncológicas (CNIO)
(Spanish National Cancer Center)
Melchor Fernández Almagro, 3
28029 Madrid (Spain)
Fax: +-34-91-224-6972
Phone: +-34-91-224-6900

http://ligarto.org/rdiaz
PGP KeyID: 0xE89B3462
(http://ligarto.org/rdiaz/0xE89B3462.asc)

**NOTA DE CONFIDENCIALIDAD** Este correo electrónico, y en s...{{dropped}}