[R] repeated measurements and lme

Dimitris Rizopoulos dimitris.rizopoulos at med.kuleuven.be
Wed Feb 15 12:14:31 CET 2006

before fitting any model you should first think which is the question
you want to answer; a possible model is:

fit <- lme(VCL ~ time * treatment + trail, random = ~ 1 | ID, data =
within)

you don't have to use groupedData(); you can directly use lme().

note: you have also consider how you want to put 'time' in your model:
factor or continuous?

I hope it helps.

Best,
Dimitris

----
Dimitris Rizopoulos
Ph.D. Student
Biostatistical Centre
School of Public Health
Catholic University of Leuven

Address: Kapucijnenvoer 35, Leuven, Belgium
Tel: +32/(0)16/336899
Fax: +32/(0)16/337015
Web: http://www.med.kuleuven.be/biostat/
     http://www.student.kuleuven.be/~m0390867/dimitris.htm