[R] plots

Romain Francois francoisromain at free.fr
Sat Feb 11 19:55:21 CET 2006

Le 11.02.2006 19:44, statistical.model at googlemail.com a écrit :
> Hi all,
> I have a basic question. how can i visualize two or more density curves on
> the same plot?
>
> ex:
> x1<-runif(100,10,80)
> x2<-runif(100,1,100)
> kernelgraf<-density(x1,kernel = "gaussian", width= 20)
> plot(kernelgraf, xlab="Probability", xlim=c(0,100), ylim=c(0,.1),
> col=rgb(0,1,0), main="")
> kernelgraf<-density(x2,kernel = "gaussian", width= 20)
> points(kernelgraf, xlab="Probability", xlim=c(0,100), ylim=c(0,.1),
> col=rgb(0,0,1), main="")
>
> here i am using plot + points, but i do not like the graphical output for
> points.

You are almost there, replace your last command by :

points(kernelgraf, type="l", col="blue")

Romain

PS : Maybe a function points.density setting type="l" would be a good
thing ?

--
visit the R Graph Gallery : http://addictedtor.free.fr/graphiques
mixmod 1.7 is released : http://www-math.univ-fcomte.fr/mixmod/index.php