[R] Tranferring R results to word prosessors

Tom Backer Johnsen backer at psych.uib.no
Fri Feb 10 19:06:59 CET 2006

At 11:42 10.02.2006 -0300, CENDOYA, Maria Gabriela wrote:

>Hi Tom:
>
>               May be I didn't understand your question but, what I do to cut
>and paste results from say summary.lm, in a word processors without losing
>the nice shape of the R Console, is to choose the same type of letter in
>both,

That works -- to some extent.  But, that means that the formatting of the
table is completely dependent on the number of spaces between the
elements.  It is essentially the same kind of formatting of tables I did on
my first typewriter about 40 years ago.  Any nontrivial change is
troublesome, and you have to stick to fixed size fonts like
Courier.  Modern editors have moved far beyond that point.

This is about generating a table in a text document from R type
output.  This type of table increases flexibility in respect to formatting.

>               I mean, in my R Gui preferences I use Courier New size 10,
>then if I choose that type of letter in my word processors, I see the same
>in both windows.

Yes.

Tom

| Tom Backer Johnsen, Psychometrics Unit,  Faculty of Psychology |
| University of Bergen, Christies gt. 12, N-5015 Bergen,  NORWAY |
| Tel : +47-5558-9185                        Fax : +47-5558-9879 |
| Email : backer at psych.uib.no    URL : http://www.galton.uib.no/ |