[R] Shapefiles

Tarmo Remmel tarmo.remmel at sympatico.ca
Thu Feb 9 19:41:45 CET 2006

Dear List,

I have examined the sp, maptools, and shapefiles packages (Windows) but
cannot seem to figure out a solution for writing shapefiles for 'curvy
shapes'.  The scenario is that I generate a series of polygons, circles, and
ellipses on a plot and would like to convert them to shapefiles.  Since the
circles and ellipses are do not return a coordinate list during the plotting
sequence (e.g., all I need supply are the lengths of axes and rotation
angle), is there an easy way by which the plot window can be converted to a
shapefile?

Thank you,

Tarmo

Tarmo Remmel  Ph.D.