[R] font size/disappearing labels

Karin Lagesen karin.lagesen at medisin.uio.no
Thu Feb 9 14:32:53 CET 2006

I am sorry if you get this email twice, but it did not show up in the
digest nor on the web archive, so I am taking the chance of resending
it.

I am using vioplot to make nice boxplots, which I am outputting to
postscript. I am using the paper=special and width and height to get
the graphs to look nice. I do however have a problem with the size of
the labels and titles. When I set fontsize as an option to the
postscript call too high, one of the labels disappear, although there
is enough space for it (imo, that is). This I have understood is an
effect of the system trying to avoid overlapping numbers. Is there a
way I can override this function though? Can I force it to show all of
the labels, although they might be "too close"?

Karin
--
Karin Lagesen, PhD student
karin.lagesen at medisin.uio.no