[R] last command history???

David Ruau druau at ukaachen.de
Wed Feb 8 19:47:16 CET 2006

Hi,

I am using R 2.2.0 on Mac OS X 10.3.9. But I test the issue also with R
2.2.1 on OS X 10.4 (Tiger)
I have a question regarding the functioning of the history from the
command line.
When I press the 'up-arrow' I call back the last command (everything
ok), let's say that I go back until the level n-5, but when I get down
to return to the empty line, I cannot reach the empty line... The empty
line 'level' show me the content of the line n-4.
example, let's say I did this sequence of command:
 > x <- c(1:10)
 > mean(x)
[1] 5.5
 > sd(x)
[1] 3.027650
  [1]  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 10

# If I return to the command 'x <- c(1:10)' and then get down the
bottom line is :
 > mean(x)

Well it doesn't work like that under Windows and I guess under Linux.
What is the setting that I should change?
Or where is the error I made...

David