[R] ARULES --> Filtering Rules by RHS

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Wed Feb 8 16:26:22 CET 2006

On  8 Feb 2006, Markus.Preisetanz at clientvela.com wrote:
> I would like to only inspect rules that contain a certain label
> substring on the rhs. In this special case the item labels are built
> like this:
>
> <itemtype>_<itemvalue> e.g. "Artikelgruppe_E0815" what I want to do
> is only show rules where "Artikelgruppe" is contained in the rhs -
> has anybody an idea how this could work?

I think there is a rhs() method you can use to get an itemMatrix
instance containing just the RHS.  Then one options might be something
like (untested):

isets <- LIST(items(rhs(foo)))

lapply(isets, function(x) grep("Artikelgruppe", isets))

oop, I just realized: do you mean RHS of the association rule or RHS
of the <foo>_<bar>?

hth,

+ seth