[R] Infinite loop running Mod_R/Rapache

BJ erithid at bellsouth.net
Fri Feb 3 17:04:45 CET 2006

I installed mod_r according to the specifications, and have been trying
to get the demo script to work correctly. I am running debian, the
latest build of R, apache 2 with prefork mpm, and the latest mod_r. Is
anyone else using this module successfully? I added:

LoadModule R_module mod_R.so
<Location /test/hello>
    SetHandler r-handler
    Rsource /var/www/html/test.R
    RreqHandler handler
</Location>

to my http.conf and

test.R in /var/www/html is:

handler<-function(r){
    apache.write(r,"<h1>Hello World!</h1>")
OK
}

When I start apache2, my /tmp directory fills with rtmp directories
until memory is exausted. The first time it created 32,000 before I
noticed. Does anyone have any idea as to what I could be doing wrong, or
have a software configuration that works? Thank you for all of your
help. ~BJ