[R] Request for users of my R-Tcl/Tk examples, limmaGUI or affylmGUI

James Wettenhall wettenhall at wehi.EDU.AU
Thu Feb 2 13:53:20 CET 2006

[PLEASE REPLY _OFF_ THE LIST, i.e. DON'T CC to r-help at ...]

Hi,

I don't see this sort of thing very often on the mailing lists, so list
moderators and others should feel free to tell me if it breaches list
etiquette and/or delete my post if necessary.  But I can't see what harm
it could do...

I am just wondering approximately how many people use / have used some of
the R stuff I've developed (and in how many countries).  In particular I'm
talking about the R-Tcl/Tk examples I've put at
http://bioinf.wehi.edu.au/~wettenhall/RTclTkExamples/ and/or my two BioC
packages limmaGUI and affylmGUI (now maintained by Keith Satterley),
and/or the IBC2004 and JSM2005 microarray analysis course websites.

If it's not too much trouble, could you please tell me [OFF THE LIST] if
you use / have used any of these things (otherwise don't reply) and what
country you are from, and if there are many other people where you work
who use them but would not reply on the R mailing list themself? e.g.

"I use / have used your R-Tcl/Tk Examples.  I am from Canada.  Two other
people I work with have also used them, but they don't read the R mailing
lists so won't reply themselves."

If I get an absolutely massive response, I may have to set up some harsh
email filters and delete some of the incoming replies, but I think I can
handle the sort of response I am expecting.

Apologies if anyone feels that I am misusing the mailing list(s).

Best wishes to all,
James