[R] norm package prelim.norm

(Ted Harding) Ted.Harding at nessie.mcc.ac.uk
Wed Feb 1 16:44:38 CET 2006

On 01-Feb-06 Elizabeth Lawson wrote:
> Hey eveyone!  I hope someone can help wiht this question.  I have a
> matirux of all zeros and ones and I would like to indentify all unique
> patterns in the rows andthe number of times the pattern occurs.   I
> changed all zeros to NA tried to use prelim.norm to identify all
> patterns of missing data in the rows.  I got the message
>
>   Warning message:
> NAs introduced by coercion
>
>   Any ideas of how to get this to work?  Or are there any way to
> indentify all the unique patterns in a huge matrix? ( 10000 x 71)
>
>   Thanks for any suggestions!!
>
>   Elizabeth Lawson

I think Chuck Celand has pretty well answered it: Don't worry
about the warning, since I'm pretty sure it is generated when
prelim.norm is calculating something else (e.g. the covariance
matrix) and it is not related to generating prelim.norm(X)$r
which is the list of patterns and the numbers of times they occur.

Best wsihes,
Ted.

Fax-to-email: +44 (0)870 094 0861
Date: 01-Feb-06                                       Time: 15:44:34