[R] Hmisc - some latex problems

steve fisk at bowdoin.edu
Mon Dec 25 16:21:55 CET 2006

If I use latex with describe:
(faithful is the Old faithful data)

latex(describe(faithful),file="describe.tex")

then the first few lines of describe.tex are

\begin{spacing}{0.7}
\begin{center} \bf faithful \\ 2 Variables~~~~~ 272 ~Observations
\end{center}

I have two problems. First, I don't know what package
the environment "spacing" comes from. (There is also a command \smaller,
but that is from the relsize package. Perhaps the latex man page could
list the latex packages that are necessary to create correct output.)

Second, I use the memoir class, and it flags \bf as an error -
\textbf should be used instead. A correct version would be

\begin{center}\textbf{  faithful \\ 2 Variables~~~~~ 272
~Observations}\end{center}

thank you,

Steve