[R] Pb with R.matlab

Francois MORNEAU Morneau at Engref.Fr
Fri Dec 22 14:13:10 CET 2006

Hello  Arthur,

Load the package first before using functions:

> library(R.matlab)

Regards,

François

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Arthur Leblois [mailto:leblois at clipper.ens.fr]
Envoyé : vendredi 22 décembre 2006 11:17
À : r-help at stat.math.ethz.ch
Objet : [R] Pb with R.matlab

Hello,

I have problems running the R.matlab package. I work with R 2.3.1, under
windows (using the Rgui). It seems that, even after loading the package, the
"simple" functions such as writeMat() or readMat() are not recognized.

For example, the following script leads to an error:

> install.packages("R.matlab")
--- Please select a CRAN mirror for use in this session --- essai de l'URL
'http://cran.miroir-francais.fr/bin/windows/contrib/2.3/R.matlab_1.1.2.zip'
Content type 'application/zip' length 177859 bytes URL ouverte downloaded
173Kb

package 'R.matlab' successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked

The downloaded packages are in
         C:\Documents and Settings\Arthur Leblois\Local
Settings\Temp\RtmpPyR7qb\downloaded_packages
updating HTML package descriptions

> A <- matrix(1:27, ncol=3)
> B <- as.matrix(1:10)
> writeMat("matrix.mat", A=A, B=B)
Erreur : impossible de trouver la fonction "writeMat"

(the last line means, in french: "Error: function "writeMat" not found")

If anyone has an idea what is happening and why it doesn't work, please let
me know.

Arthur Leblois