[R] Function to fit a STARIMA model

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Fri Dec 15 12:29:47 CET 2006

On Thu, 14 Dec 2006, Rajesh Krishnan wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I was wondering if there is a function available in any of the R add-on
> packages that could be used to fit a STARIMA (Phillip E. Pfeifer and
> Stuart Jay Deutsch. (1980). "A STARIMA Model-Building Procedure with
> Application to Description and Regional Forecasting," Transactions of
> the Institute of British Geographers 5(3), 330-349.) model?

I'm afraid there is no such function. The approach has been used very
little since it was proposed, and probably more work has been done on
spatial panel models (not yet in R) and in the hierarchical model
framework (again not yet in R, although the spBayes package may offer some
possibilities).

--
Roger Bivand
e-mail: Roger.Bivand at nhh.no