[R] exporting a table to latex

Rainer M Krug RKrug at sun.ac.za
Wed Dec 13 10:52:59 CET 2006

Dieter Menne wrote:
> Rainer M Krug <RKrug <at> sun.ac.za> writes:
>
>> I am using the latex() command from the Hmisc package to export  table
>> to latex. For formating of the values, I use the format() function. But
>> I don't manage to get the format of the values right: I don't want
>> scientific notation, but if I say scientific=FALSE, I get many digits
>> after the decimal point which I can not control with digits=... and
>> nsmall=... in the format command.
>>
>> Is there another way of formating the values to three decimal digits?
>>
>> Or another way of exporting them to LaTeX?
>
> There were a few bugs in the current versions of format.df (called by latex),
> and the "scientific" problem could have been among them.
>
> Try to download latex.s from
>
> http://biostat.mc.vanderbilt.edu/svn/R/Hmisc/branches/release_3.2-1/R/latex.s
>
> do
>
> library(Hmisc)
> source("latex.s")
Thanks - I did it but it still doesn't work.

I should have mentioned that I am using the function format() from the
base package to create a data.frame which I then give to latex() to
export - without formating from latex(). I am not using the format
functions of the Hmisc package as I read that there are problems with them.

Rainer

> and check if the problem disappears. If it does, write a mail to [charles.dupont
> at vanderbilt.edu] and ask him to make the version public as soon as possible.
>
> Dieter

Rainer M. Krug, Dipl. Phys. (Germany), MSc Conservation
Biology (UCT)

Department of Conservation Ecology and Entomology
University of Stellenbosch
Matieland 7602
South Africa

Tel:		+27 - (0)72 808 2975 (w)