[R] help on determining operating system

Kenneth Benoit kbenoit at tcd.ie
Tue Dec 12 20:38:41 CET 2006

Hi - I don't want to ignite any holy wars, but for 10 years until last
year I used Linux, I occasionally use a Windows machine at home, and
last year switched to Mac OS.  Of all the GUIs for R out there, the mac
is the best by far IMHO.  And R on my macbook is faster than on a
pentium 4 3.2GHz running either linux or win xp.

Ken