[R] filled.contour and NA's

Gustaf Rydevik gustaf.rydevik at gmail.com
Mon Dec 11 08:35:51 CET 2006

On 12/8/06, antonio rodriguez <antonio.raju at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Gustaf
>
> > I'm having the same issue myself. What I've ended up doing is
> > replacing NA's with a big negative value, define "levels" as one color
> > for negative values, and a regular scale above.
>
> How to define 'levels' as one color for negative values and a regular
> scale above? I don't know how the syntax within the filled.contour
> function shoul be.
>
> BR
>
> Antonio

Hi Antonio,

I just meant something like

filled.contours(x,y,x,levels=c(-1,seq(0,1,0.1)),color.palette=heat.colors)

This will give a fairly sharp delination for non-valid data, but still
using the same palette. If you want a totally distinct color, I
suppose you have to define your own palette  (And I don't know how to
do that)

/Gustaf

email:gustaf.rydevik at gmail.com
tel: +46(0)703051451
address: Kantorsgatan 50:190 75424 Uppsala Sweden