[R] simple parallel computing on single multicore machine

Greg Snow Greg.Snow at intermountainmail.org
Fri Dec 1 18:44:20 CET 2006

Look at the nws package, I have had success using it to parallelize
simulations using a couple of computers that were not being used at the
time.  I don't have a multicore machine, but the examples in the package
make it look like using it for multicore would be even easier.

This is on windows 2000 machines with cygwin installed.

Hope this helps,

--
Gregory (Greg) L. Snow Ph.D.
Statistical Data Center