[R] Error in memory allocation

Jason Barnhart jasoncbarnhart at msn.com
Thu Aug 31 19:40:04 CEST 2006

My guess is memory is not the issue here.  It appears that you 500+MB of
system memory and that should suffice for a 71MB dataset.  Additionally, a
dataset of that size should load in much less time than 30 minutes.

You should read-up on the read.fwf options to ensure that the file is being
read correctly.  Submitting your read.fwf code fragment and a fragment of
the data file (like the top 10 lines) will help us diagnose the situation.

Also, if you reduce your data file to something like 10 lines, it's easier
and quicker to iterate and trouble shoot the loading process.