[R] problems with plot.data.frame

Berton Gunter gunter.berton at gene.com
Thu Aug 31 18:46:01 CEST 2006

You need to read R docs. Month is a factor. ?factor
As a result you are getting a bar plot.
You can make month numeric and control axis labelling via ?axis
See also ?plot.default and ?par

There are also undoubtedly functions available either in base R or through
packages that would do this directly. You might check the hmisc and zoo
packages for starters.

-- Bert Gunter
Genentech Non-Clinical Statistics
South San Francisco, CA

"The business of the statistician is to catalyze the scientific learning
process."  - George E. P. Box