[R] Download problems

Don MacQueen macq at llnl.gov
Tue Aug 29 03:15:06 CEST 2006

If by "2.8" you mean 10.2.8, that's a very old OS X.

To use a current version of R on OS X, you need a current version of OS X.

Version information is given pretty clearly on CRAN, so make sure you
have downloaded a suitable version -- if there is one for 10.2.8.
Even if there is, you would be much better off upgrading your OS,
since the Mac binary of R has improved a great deal since OS X 10.2.8.

-Don