[R] screen resolution effects on graphics

Charles Annis, P.E. Charles.Annis at StatisticalEngineering.com
Mon Aug 28 17:12:02 CEST 2006

My apologies for my oversight.  I am using WindowsXP.  The code that
produces a nice-looking jpg (when viewed on my screen) produces cramped
graphics on a 800 X 600 screen.  I can change the spacings on the plot and
remedy the situation for 800 X 600, but that looks awkward at 1280 X 1024.

Thanks

Charles Annis, P.E.

Charles.Annis at StatisticalEngineering.com
phone: 561-352-9699
eFax:  614-455-3265
http://www.StatisticalEngineering.com

-----Original Message-----
From: r-help-bounces at stat.math.ethz.ch
[mailto:r-help-bounces at stat.math.ethz.ch] On Behalf Of bogdan romocea
Sent: Monday, August 28, 2006 10:55 AM
To: Charles.Annis at statisticalengineering.com
Cc: r-help
Subject: Re: [R] screen resolution effects on graphics

You forgot to mention your OS. This was asked before and if I recall
correctly the answer for Windows was no. An acceptable solution (imho)
is to edit the Rprofile.site files and add something like
  pngplotwidth <- 990 ; pngplotheight <- 700
  pdfplotwidth <- 14 ; pdfplotheight <- 10
Then, use these values in your functions. It's manual, but you only
need to do this once for each machine.