[R] Can R compute the expected value of a random variable?

roger koenker roger at ysidro.econ.uiuc.edu
Sun Aug 27 19:17:57 CEST 2006

General questions elicit general answers; more specific questions
elicit more specific answers.    For example,

 > exp(2+9/2)
[1] 665.1416

url:    www.econ.uiuc.edu/~roger                Roger Koenker
email   rkoenker at uiuc.edu                       Department of Economics
vox:    217-333-4558                            University of Illinois
fax:    217-244-6678                            Champaign, IL 61820