[R] exact Wilcoxon signed rank test with ties and the "no longerunder development" exactRanksumTests package

Torsten Hothorn Torsten.Hothorn at rzmail.uni-erlangen.de
Fri Aug 25 11:49:36 CEST 2006

On Fri, 25 Aug 2006, Stefan Grosse wrote:

> Dear List,

Stefan,

> after updating the exactRanksumTests package I receive a warning that
> the package is not developed any further and that one should consider
> the coin package.
>
> I don't find the signed rank test in the coin package, only the Wilcoxon
> Mann Whitney U-Test. I only found a signed rank test in the stats
> package (wilcox.test) which is able to calculate the exact pvalues but
> unfortunately the procedure cannot calculate the exact values with ties.

indeed, this is the only gap to be filled in `coin', I just haven't had
the time to implement this. And of course, `exactRankTests' is still
available and will be available in the future. So you _can_ use it!

The message just means that I'm not going to add _new_ features
to `exactRankTests' and that we as the authors of both packages
believe that the `coin'-way of doing things is more appropriate.

Hope that helps & sorry for the confusion!

Torsten

ps: please cc emails about packages to the maintainer.