[R] xyplot tick marks and line thickness

Deepayan Sarkar deepayan.sarkar at gmail.com
Thu Aug 24 20:19:26 CEST 2006

On 8/24/06, Gabor Grothendieck <ggrothendieck at gmail.com> wrote:
> Look through the output of trellis.par.get() for the right parameters
> or when all else fails use grid (which we use below for the
> box around the panel since I could not locate the parameter):
>
> library(lattice)
> library(grid)
> x <- 1:12
> g <- gl(3,4)
> lwd <- 3
> xyplot(x ~ x | g, type = "l", lwd = lwd,
>         scales = list(tck = -1, lwd = lwd),
>         par.settings = list(add.text = list(lwd = lwd),
>                 strip.border = list(lwd = lwd)),
>         panel = function(...) {
>                 grid.rect(gp = gpar(lwd = lwd))
>                 panel.xyplot(...)
>         }
> )

Right. the grid call shouldn't be necessary, "axis.line" controls the
panel borders. And tck can be a vector, to get rid of the ugly bumps
on top:

xyplot(x ~ x | g, type = "l", lwd = lwd,
       scales = list(tck = c(-1, 0)),
       par.settings =
       list(axis.line = list(lwd = lwd),
            strip.border = list(lwd = lwd)))