[R] xyplot tick marks and line thickness

Chuck Cleland ccleland at optonline.net
Thu Aug 24 19:00:31 CEST 2006

Piet Bell wrote:
> Hello,
>   A made a xyplot using the lattice library in R (latest version).
>
>   The publisher of our paper has requested:
>
>   1. all tick marks should point inwards instead of outwards.
>
>   2. All lines should be thicker (lines, axes, boxes, etc. Everything). Lines is easy...I used:  lwd=1.5   but what about the lines of the axes, and the lines that build up the plot itself?....?
>
>   Any suggestions?

library(lattice)

trellis.device()

# to find all components with lwd setting
# names(trellis.par.get()[grep("lwd", trellis.par.get())])

trellis.par.set(
  add.line = list(lwd=1.5),
  plot.polygon = list(lwd=1.5),
  box.rectangle = list(lwd=1.5),
  box.umbrella = list(lwd=1.5),
  dot.line = list(lwd=1.5),
  plot.line = list(lwd=1.5),
  reference.line = list(lwd=1.5),
  strip.border = list(lwd=1.5),
  superpose.line = list(lwd=1.5),
  superpose.polygon = list(lwd=1.5),
  axis.line = list(lwd=1.5),
  box.3d = list(lwd=1.5))

xyplot(rnorm(5) ~ 1:5, type = "b",
       scales = list(x = list(tck = -1), y = list(tck = -1)))