[R] Mac os

jason pienaar jasonpienaar at gmail.com
Tue Aug 22 20:51:50 CEST 2006

Dear Sir / Madam

Hi, I have written some code For R that uses for loops to do
2-dimensional grid searches for maximum likelhood combined with
iterated GLS estimation. As can be expected, depending on the szie of
the grid, estimation can take quite some time. However, I have noticed
that the same code run on a windows operating system is much faster
than when run on a Mac (I basically paste the code into the console
and then run things from there). I was wondering if anyone knew if
this is typical, or if there is some good reason for this? (I am not
that familiar with the mac operating system, so might be missing
something obvious). I am writing a user manual for the code and would
like to have some explanation (or possible improvement) for mac users,
so any info on this would be much appreciated
Sincerely
Jason Pienaar