[R] Grid Points

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Sun Aug 20 15:28:30 CEST 2006

Try this.  gl(2,50) is such that the first 50 points are series 1
and the second 50 points are series 2.  The scales= argument
defines the positions of the tick marks and the xlim= argument
defines the x axis limits.  The layout puts the panels on top
of each other rather than side by side.  strip = FALSE eliminates
the strip above each panel.  type= says we want lines.  The
panel function puts points at the grid locations in each panel
and then calls xyplot to plot the lines.

library(lattice)
library(grid)

x <- 601:700
at <- seq(500, 800, 50)
xyplot(x ~ x | gl(2, 50), scales = list(at = at), xlim = c(500, 700),
  layout = 1:2, strip = FALSE, type = "l",
  panel = function(...) {
    grid.points(at, unit(rep(.01, length(at)), "npc"),
      pch = 20, size = unit(.2, "char"))
    panel.xyplot(...)
})