[R] Lattice package par.settings/trellis.par.settings questions

Debarchana Ghosh ghos0033 at umn.edu
Fri Aug 18 05:23:03 CEST 2006

Hi All,

I'm trying to modify some of the default graphic parameters in a
conditional histogram. While I was able to change the default grey
background to white, I couldn't change the axis.font or the xlab font.

I used the following code:

/histogram(~V751|V013+V025, finalbase, xlab="Heard of HIV/AIDS
(No/Yes)", col=c("cyan","magenta"), par.settings=list(background="white"))

/The arguments for example  like /axis.font=2/, or /cex=2/ are not
working in the /par.settings(). /I also tried to read the manual of
/trellis.par.settings()/ but didn't understand how to use it and where
exactly to put it.

Any help with this will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Debarchana.