[R] Protection stack overflow

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Tue Aug 15 10:55:51 CEST 2006

R has a command-line option to set the ppstack size,

 --max-ppsize=N        Set max size of protect stack to N

Looks like you need to supply this (and it can be done with embedded R)
if the problem persists with current R.

You could also try arima0 or even ar to do the fitting.

On Tue, 15 Aug 2006, Paul Koufalas wrote:

> G'day all.
>
> I'm a new user of R -- but an arms-length user, as I'm running it from
> Octave via the ROctave interface that Duncan Temple Lang wrote some
> years ago and Stephan Van Der Walt recently updated for use with Octave
> 2.1.71. I'm using R version 2.1.1. ROctave uses libR.so to provide the
> interface. My system is Ubuntu linux 5.10 and I'm using the packages
> that come with this distro.

Note that your version of R is well outdated, and the posting guide did
ask you to update it BEFORE posting.