[R] Fast way to load multiple files

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Mon Aug 14 23:06:47 CEST 2006

On Mon, 14 Aug 2006, Berton Gunter wrote:

> A reproducible example here would help (please see posting guide). A guess:
> is your filelist a list of (quoted) character strings? Correct pathnames to
> the files with correct separators for your OS?

I think the issue is (from the help page)

Usage:

     load(file, envir = parent.frame())
Arguments:

    file: a (readable binary) connection or a character string giving
          the name of the file to load.

   envir: the environment where the data should be loaded.

and so they were not loaded into .GlobalEnv. Try

	lapply(filelist, load, envir=.GlobalEnv)

which works for me.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk