[R] lasso for variable selection

Liaw, Andy andy_liaw at merck.com
Mon Aug 14 16:09:13 CEST 2006

For "importance" it's probably best to stick with absolute values of
coefficients, instead of value of the penalty parameter for which the
coefficients changed to non-zero.

Friedman skipped a lot of details on his rule ensemble in that talk, due to
time constraint.  In his implementation he was using his own algorithm,
PathSeeker, for which paper and software are available on his web page.
PathSeeker is a different generalization of LASSO than LAR.

HTH,
Andy

From: zubin