[R] Puzzling warning using 2.3.1...

Brian Lunergan ff809 at ncf.ca
Sun Aug 13 22:29:28 CEST 2006

Greetings folks:

Stepped away from a win/lin dual boot system and spent the better part of the
past week resetting a windows only arrangement.

Before the switch I was running 2.3.1 without any strange behaviours. When I
reached the point of putting it back on the machine I would get this puzzling
warning the first time I would try to select a cran mirror:

 > chooseCRANmirror()
Warning message:
DLL attempted to change FPU control word from 8001f to 9001f

When I pulled it off and reinstalled 2.2.1 I got no such warning.

Thoughts or suggestions? Could the file have been damaged or corrupted in same
way? The Md5sum checked out but I'm not sure how accurate an assessment that is
of the file's integrity. Should I just download a new copy and try again with
that? Not sure if it's important but I run a Win98se setup.

--
Brian Lunergan
Nepean, Ontario

---