[R] about MCMC pack again...

Mariagiulia Matteucci matteucci at stat.unibo.it
Fri Aug 11 10:32:41 CEST 2006

Hello, thank you very much for your previous answers about the C++ code.
I am interested in the application of the Gibbs Sampler in the IRT
models, so in the function MCMCirt1d and MCMCirtkd. I've found the C++
source codes, as you suggested, but I cannot find anything about the
Gibbs Sampler. All the files are for the Metropolis algorithm.
Maybe I am not able to read them very well, by the way my problem is
principally about missing data. Do you know how they deal with them? I
cannot find any explanation, only that I can have some missing data. Do
they skip the missing data or do they code them by "0"? And what about 2
types of missing data: not presented items and not answered items?

Thank you for reply,

Mariagiulia

Mariagiulia Matteucci
Dipartimento di Scienze Statistiche “Paolo Fortunati”
Università di Bologna
Via Belle Arti, 41
40126 Bologna (ITALY)
e-mail: matteucci at stat.unibo.it