[R] parameter yaxs / function hist (graphics)

Paulo Barata pbarata at infolink.com.br
Tue Aug 8 23:49:59 CEST 2006

Dear Paulo,

Thank you for your reply. But I doubt yours is a proper
solution to my request, for some reasons:

1. The position of the axis graphed with the command axis(1, line=-1)
depends on the size of the graphics window.

2. After your graph is on the screen, in case one may want a boxed
graph, a box() command will produce a histogram "floating in the air",
not "touching" the horizontal axis.

Of course, one could build a proper box (with labels, etc.) by means
of more primitive graphics functions like lines (package graphics)
and others, but I think that would mean a lot of work.

Thank you again.

Paulo Barata

Paulo Barata
Fundacao Oswaldo Cruz / Oswaldo Cruz Foundation
Rua Leopoldo Bulhoes 1480 - 8A
21041-210  Rio de Janeiro - RJ
Brasil
E-mail: pbarata at infolink.com.br