[R] need sample parallelized R scripts

Deomano, Emily (IRRI) e.deomano at cgiar.org
Fri Aug 4 09:45:52 CEST 2006

Good day to everyone.

I'm working on computing correlation for several datasets (one dataset for each chromosome).  Computation is done several thousand times for each dataset which at present takes around 13 hours. We have a HPC machine with MPI.  snow package and R 2.3.1 running in Linux (Rocks) are installed in the machine.  I need to modify the script to run it on several nodes.  I do not have experience in writing parallel scripts.

Anybody knows where I can find sample R scripts that are designed to run on parallel machines?

Thanks.
Ems

Emily Deomano
Crop Research Informatics Laboratory
The International Rice Research Institute DAPO Box 7777 Metro Manila, Philippines
Email: e.deomano at cgiar.org;  Tel No: (63-2) 580-5600;  Fax No: (63-2) 580-5699