[R] Help Building packages for windows

Denise Mauldin dmauldin at fhcrc.org
Thu Aug 3 19:09:13 CEST 2006

Hello all,

I've tried to build my linux source package with the following commands
and then run it through the RCrossBuild package with R 2.3.1, but I get
errors about how the built field is incorrect and that my Rd file has a
non-empty \name.  I've looked through the Rd file and it seems to not have
any empty \name values, but I'm not sure how to tell if any are 'missing'.
The built field is: Built: R 2.3.1; ; 2006-08-02 21:42:59; unix

R CMD INSTALL --build pkgName
R CMD INSTALL --build --use-zip pkgName
R CMD BUILD --use-zip pkgName
R CMD BUILD pkgName

An RCHECK on the package gives back the warning that subdirectory data
contains no data sets, despite the presence of Rdata.rdb, Rdata.rds, and
Rdata.rdx in the directory.  This package is an annotation package for an
array and can be used fine in *nix R.  If I try to install the package in
R for windows it gives me a bunch of errors with package names that look
like random strings of characters.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Denise

> sessionInfo()
Version 2.3.1 (2006-06-01)
i686-pc-linux-gnu

attached base packages:
[1] "methods"  "stats"  "graphics"  "grDevices" "utils"  "datasets"
[7] "base"

other attached packages:
pkgName
   "2.3"

Linux 2.4.20-31.9 #1 Tue Apr 13 17:38:16 EDT 2004 i686 athlon i386 GNU/Linux