[R] Looking for transformation to overcome heterogeneity of variances

Paul Smith phhs80 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 3 15:33:28 CEST 2006

Dear All

My data consists in 96 groups, each one with 10 observations. Levene's
test suggests that the variances are not equal, and therefore I have
tried to apply the classical transformations to have homocedasticity
in order to be able to use ANOVA. Unfortunately, no transformation
that I have used transforms my data into data with homocedasticity.
The histogram of variances is at

http://phhs80.googlepages.com/hist1.png

Is someone able to suggest to me a transformation to overcome the
problem of heterocedasticity?

Thanks in advance,

Paul