[R] help with box-tidwell

Xuemei Bian x.bian.1 at research.gla.ac.uk
Sat Apr 29 16:50:57 CEST 2006

Hi everyone

I am using box.tidwell to transform the explanatory variables.  However, it appears problematic.

The warning I received as follows.
 box.tidwell(Newresponse  ~ FAC2_1 + FAC4_1 + FAC5_1 + FAC6_1 + FAC7_1 + KXI + RECODINC)
Warning in log(x) : NaNs produced
Warning in lm.fit(x, y, offset = offset, singular.ok = singular.ok, ...) :
         extra arguments na.rm are just disregarded.
Error in lm.fit(x, y, offset = offset, singular.ok = singular.ok, ...) :
        0 (non-NA) cases

Could anybody tell me what do "MaNS produced" and "offset=offset, singular.ok=singular.ok" mean?  Why the box.tidwell did not work?

Regards
Xuemei Bian
Doctoral Researcher
Room 607C