[R] function for linear regression with White std. errors

Brian Quinif bquinif at gmail.com
Fri Apr 28 03:03:43 CEST 2006

John,

Thanks for the suggestion, but tomorrow I am teaching a little seminar
for my department trying to convince people about how wonderful R is.
These people are all Stata users, and they really like the idea that
they only have to type ", robust" to get het. consistent std. errors.

My pitch to a lot of them has been that R is a great and flexible tool
which one doesn't have to be a programming whiz to use.  If they have
to start writing functions to do something as basic as this, then my
colleagues will probably stay in Stata-land.  I'm trying to prevent
that!

Regards,

Brian