[R] www.r-project.org

Romain Francois francoisromain at free.fr
Wed Apr 26 12:50:44 CEST 2006

Le 26.04.2006 12:14, Prof Brian Ripley a écrit :
> The webmasters have not AFAICS replied in this thread, and perhaps you
> should wait for them.
>
> In particular, making cran.r-project.org an autodirector to the
> nearest mirror and replacing frames have I believe already been agreed
> and just need resources to implement (and first www. and
> cran.r-project.org are being moved to new hardware at a different
> physical site).
>
> Please remember that as always R has very limited human resources and
> is the web site a high priority within those resources? (I don't judge
> it so.)

Absolutely. This is so not a priority for the core team.
You are doing a wonderful job improving R, and I do not want in any case
divert you from that.

But, some people (like me) don't have the same abilities in R
programming, but can (to some extent) contribute efforts in designing
web pages.

> You will find discussion of frames vs css in the archives.
I'm on my way ...

--
visit the R Graph Gallery : http://addictedtor.free.fr/graphiques
mixmod 1.7 is released : http://www-math.univ-fcomte.fr/mixmod/index.php