[R] Titles in MAplots

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Wed Apr 26 07:07:59 CEST 2006

	  I'm replying now for three reasons:

	  (1) I'd never heard of "MAplot" before;  I assume it must be a
function in some package you've downloaded, but I don't know which (and
I couldn't find it mentioned in your email).

	  (2) I wondered if "MAplot" might have something to do with a moving
average (MA in the time series lingo).

	  (3) I haven't seen a reply to your email after a few days, so I
thought I'd attempt to reply.

	  RSiteSearch("MAplot") just produced 16 hits.  Have you reviewed
these?  My review of some of these hits identified 3 different packages,
none of which is currently downloadable from CRAN.  If you've reviewed
these 16 hits, have you tried just listing the function by typing
"MAplot" without parentheses at a command line?  If yes, have you tried
copying the function into a script file, then saying "debug(MAplot)",
then trying to execute an "MAplot(...)" command and following through
the function line by line.

	  I hope these comments might help you, but it's difficult for me to
say whether they might help or not.  If your post were more consistent
with the suggestions in the posting guide!
"www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html", I might have been able to help
more -- or you might have gotten a reply from someone else days ago.

	  hope this helps.
	  spencer graves
p.s.  I just found your post from 4/12 asking if there is "a way of
reducing the label size".  If you can get access to the character
strings, then "substring" can be used to extract any subset of the
characters you like.  "nchar" will tell you how many characters there
are.  "regexpr" will find the first occurrance of any specific
character(s).  "strsplit" will split a longer string on each occurrance
of a particular character.