[R] lwd - Windows

Francisco J. Zagmutt gerifalte28 at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 26 03:44:17 CEST 2006

Dear all

Is there a way or trick in windows to plot a line width that is not an
integer i.e 1.5?
I am aware that the documentation for window devices states "Line widths as
controlled by par(lwd=) are in multiples of the pixel size, and multiples <
1 are silently converted to 1" but I was wondering if there is a workaround
this.

Also, IMHO the documentation for lwd in par may need some clarification
since it states:
"The line width, a positive number, defaulting to 1. The interpretation is
device-specific, and some devices do not implement line widths less than
one."  Perhaps it would be useful for the users to describe the behavior for
the most important devices, and also to state that the number is an integer
(at least for windows) and not just a positive number?

version

platform i386-pc-mingw32
arch     i386
os       mingw32