[R] trellis.par.get without opening a device?

Deepayan Sarkar deepayan.sarkar at gmail.com
Tue Apr 25 22:21:48 CEST 2006

On 4/24/06, Dieter Menne <dieter.menne at menne-biomed.de> wrote:
> I am using the Deepayan's Sweave trick to set graphics parameters for all
> graphs:
>
> ltheme = canonical.theme(color=TRUE)
> sup = trellis.par.get("superpose.line")
> ltheme$superpose.line$col = c('black',"red","blue","#e31111","green",
> "gray")

Why do you need to call trellis.par.get? I don't see you using 'sup'
(maybe in the ... part), and I don't see why you would need to.

> Works perfectly, there is only a minor nuissance that trellis.par.get opens
> a device every time, producing a dummy Rplots.ps file or a window (when run
> after Stangle).

An Rplots.ps may still be produced by Sweave (I forget the reason, but
something to do with the need for an explicit print), but shouldn't
happen when running the R code separately.

Deepayan