[R] Questions to RDCOMClient

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Tue Apr 25 20:19:00 CEST 2006

On 4/25/06, Dr. Michael Wolf <m-wolf at muenster.de> wrote:

> 3. RDCOMCLient and Excel Manual
> ===============================
>
> Do you know a good overview of using Excel VBA code via RDCOMClient (e. g.
> sh$Select())? Are there people interesting in working out such a paper? I
> could contribute some experiences of my work to such a project (e. g.
> deleting Excel shapes from R and copying new charts made by R to a special
> position in a Excel sheet.

Normally what I do is just create whatever spreadsheet I want in Excel
with the Excel macro recorder turned on and then look at the macro output
and translate that to RDCOMClient.  There do exist some books on
VBA programming in Excel (I don't have any myself but have taken one
out from the library once) that could be helpful if the macro approach is
not sufficient.