[R] www.r-project.org

hadley wickham h.wickham at gmail.com
Tue Apr 25 19:30:27 CEST 2006

Hi Romain,

Generally a competition is a bad way of coming up with a new design.
It generally emphasises looks over function and, of course, requires
people to put in a lot of effort for a small chance of gain. I'd also
agree with Friedrich that few people will enter.

My opinion is if that people thought it was truly important to have a
better R homepage, it would be better to start a collection and hire a
professional developer.  Otherwise, there is a very real risk that we
will end up with something worse than the current.

Hadley